Subject and objectives of the procedure
The Institutional Accreditation provides Higher Education Institutions (HEI) with a detailed review on the institution in all its entirety. The procedure assesses whether the following areas of the HEI correspond with European standards:
Mission and Profile of the HEI;
Governance and Quality Management;
Teaching and Studies;
The Institutional Accreditation is in line with usual international "Benchmarks", that allow to determine the institution’s own quality beyond national scopes. Hence, the Procedure is particularly relevant for internationally-orientated HEI.
A successful Institutional Accreditation is valid for 6 years (initial accreditation) or 8 years (re-accreditation).
preparatory discussion about the procedure and conclusion of contract
appointment of the review panel (5 experts - three members from Higher Education Institutions including one country expert of the HEI’s country, one student member and one member from the professional field)
compilation of a self-evaluation report according to the FIBAA Assessment Guide
site visit of 2,5 - 3 days at the HEI
compilation of the assessment report by the review panel
statement on the report by the HEI
final accreditation decision of the F-ACC
possibility of a complaint to the procedure with an email to info[at]fibaa.org or an complaints procedure regarding the committee’s decision
publication of the accreditation report
Benefits of an Institutional Accreditation with FIBAA
long term experience in the field of accreditation
a pool of 750 proven international experts in their respective fields
consideration of the HEI’s individual needs (e.g. regarding the selection of review panels; the arrangement of the site visit; the statement of the HEI on the report)
the FIBAA Assessment Guide guarantees that all necessary information is given to the review panel and defines the scope of assessment
one project manager is at the HEI’s disposal during the whole accreditation procedure
short duration of the procedure of approximately 9 months (from submitting the self-evaluation report until the final decision)
FIBAA Quality Seal for Institutional Accreditation
For Higher Education Institutions (HEI) which establisched themselves in the market and have proven their excellent quality in studies and teaching FIBAA can, within the scope of an accrediation process, additionally award its Premium Seal. This distinction confirms that the HEI clearly exceeds the quality standards.
FIBAA is the only quality assurance agency that awards a Premium Seal for Institutional Accreditation: Strategic Management. Information about the Principles for Awarding the FIBAA Premium Seal are available here.
FIBAA-Qualitätssiegel Institutional Accreditation
Nach erfolgreichem Abschluss des Verfahrens erhalten Sie unser Qualitätssiegel FIBAA Institutional Accreditation. Damit dokumentieren Sie, dass Ihre Hochschule eine innovative, zukunftsorientierte und unternehmerisch denkende und handelnde Institution ist.
FIBAA Accreditiaton and Certification Committee
- Prof. Dr. Ernst Troßmann, University of Hohenheim
- Prof. Dr. Peter Thuy, IU International University of Applied Sciences
- Dr. Markus A. Tomaschitz, AVL List GmbH, Graz
- Karl-Peter Abt, IHK Managing Director (ret.)
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Altmann, University of Innsbruck and MCI Management Center Innsbruck
- Dr. Christoph Anz, BMW Group
- Dr. Bernd Baasner, formerly Bayer AG
- Prof. Dr. Axel Benning, Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Volker Hasewinkel, VICTORIA | International University of Applied Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Vera de Hesselle, Bremen University of Applied Sciences
- Annkatrin Kollmus, student Technical University Kaiserslautern
- Elisa Knief, student University Bremen
- Dr. h.c. Ivo M. Matser, CEO of the IEDC Bled School of Management in Slovenia and CEO of the Academy of Business in Society (abis-global), Brussels
- Marie-Luise Meier, student at Nova School for Business and Economics, Lissabon
- Prof. Dr. Jean-Marc Piveteau, Zurich University of Applied Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Ruedi Nützi, School of Business, University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Renninger, East Bavarian Technical University Amberg-Weiden
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Remdisch, Leuphana University Lüneburg
- Hans-Hellmuth Retzlaff-Schröder, ehemals für Lufthansa Technik
- Prof. Dr. Ottmar Schneck, SRH Fernhochschule Riedlingen - The Mobile University
- Prof. Dr. Johann Schneider, Frankfurt University
- Prof. Dr. John Slof, UAB - Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Prof. Em. Dr. György Széll, University of Osnabrück
- Kerstin Wagner, Deutsche Bahn AG
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Weigand, WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar
- Prof. Dr. Cornelia Zanger, Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany
- Dr. Mathias Winde, Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft
The amended Rules of Procedure of the FIBAA Accreditation and Certification Committee (F-ACC) as of 26 November 2021 (only available in German) can be found here.
The dates for the next meetings of the FIBAA Accreditation and Certification Committee are available here.
The FIBAA Expert Committee
The FIBAA Expert Committee for programme accreditation, institutional accreditation and certification appoints experts for each accreditation or certification procedure. The F-ACC elects two university representatives, one practice representative and one student from among its members to the FIBAA Expert Committee.
Members of the Panel Appointing Committee:
Student body: Marie-Luise Meier, as substitute: Adriana Cacciatore
Science: Prof. Schneider, Prof. Széll, as substitute: Prof. Altmann and Prof. Remdisch
Career practice: Karl-Peter Abt, as substitute: Kerstin Wagner
M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University
University of International Business UIB Almaty, Kazakhstan
Beirut Arab University
University of Technology and Applied Sciences Lebanese French (ULF)
Faculty of Law of the St. Petersburg State Univeristy
University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
We look forward to your enquiry
FIBAA stands for reliable support in quality development.
We look forward to walking the path together with you.
Please send us your enquiry.
Please contact us!
Phone: +49 (0) 228 / 280 356-18
Fax: +49 (0) 228 / 280 356-20
Languages: German, English, Russian